The appeal of moving, and eventually, retiring abroad is often described as a dream, but what if we told you a move to a new country could one day become reality (based on your circumstances)?
While many Brits and those residing in other foreign countries live out the rest of their days in their homeland, a growing number are looking to seek a new retirement adventure elsewhere.
Let’s take a look at some of the key advantages to life as we know it and how our lives would change for the better, if we took the leap of faith and embarked on a journey here in the Algarve in luxury realms such as; Quinta Do Lago, Vale Do Lobo and Vilamoura.
- New experiences and cultures: With a move to a new country, comes the chance to learn new languages, experience different cultures and enjoy a new lease of life that you might not currently have. A retirement move abroad lends itself to physical and mental health benefits that could potentially extend your life further.
- Lower cost of living: Over the years you may have put plans in place to make your dream become reality by saving enough money to consider retiring abroad? Moving to a new country with a healthy sum of money in savings is wise, but generally the cost of living in Algarve is much less than that in America, Great Britain or other European countries.
- Sunshine weather: If you are planning to live out the rest of your days in Algarve, make sure you are well prepared for year round sunshine and warm temperatures. Wave goodbye to wind and rain, say hello to sandy beaches, clear sea water and relax by the pool all day, every day.
- Family environment: You may think that moving abroad means a painful goodbye to your loved ones back home, but a luxury visit a few times a year can more than make up for lost time. Better still, if your family is willing to come along for the ride for a permanent stay, Quinta Do Lago, Vale Do Lobo and Vilamoura are locations that have plenty to keep you occupied and are perfect to bring up young families in the heart of luxury.
- Local support network: If you ask many expats or those that have retired abroad, they will tell you how friendly and supportive local people can be. Portugal is a predominantly Roman Catholic country with a close-knit family ethic. Local residents have a particular interest in many cultural activities, indulging their appreciation of art, music, drama, and dance. Good neighbours can become good friends.
- Comfort zone and routine: While many may feel that their comfort zone is where they are currently, branching out and finding a new home could be even better. Many of us like routine and that is something that can be achieved here too. Algarve helps to build up your confidence and growth mindset, it can often be as simple as taking one baby step after another such as visiting Algarve on holiday and doing your research on areas of interest. You can choose a place that matches your comfort level in terms of modern conveniences, access, climate, activities, cuisine, healthcare, culture, and more.
- Established professional connections: Retirement is not always about winding down and stopping what you love doing. If you want to live, but also work, in Algarve’s finest towns then you could benefit from investing in other real estate property.
Should I stay or should I go?
Perhaps you are one of many retirees who would never consider moving abroad in their wildest dreams, or maybe you have your heart set on a move to pastures new and know for sure it is what you want to achieve in the latter part of your life?
Either way, we recommend you find the answers to potential questions you may have. You can do this by conducting your own research or you can speak with our team at Regency Luxury Property – we listen to your requirements and recommend the best course of action and give you the peace of mind you might need going forward ahead of a major life change.
Furthermore, Regency Luxury Property has built a fine reputation on trust and a high class service, enabling our clients to find their dream home through our years of real estate industry experience.
Our partnerships with established local and international real estate agents ensures you have easy access to the finest Villas and statement properties currently on the property market. Prestigious areas such as Quinta Do Lago, Vale Do Lobo and Vilamoura are regarded as the region’s high-end communities.
If you have reached the point in your life where a tough decision is nearing about your future at home or abroad, why not contact us for further details, prices and property availability and arrange a viewing today. Are you ready to retire abroad?